Monday, March 28, 2011

What's Going On?

Sorry I've been MIA lately. It's been quite hectic. Here's a bit of what's been going on around here.

The carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow that I had while pregnant has not subsided. I joined the local YMCA a few weeks ago in hopes that exercise would help, but I actually feel worse. I'm trying various exercises and also NDAIDS and stretches. It worries me that the pain and numbness might be much worse when I'm older. Big M is over 40 pounds and is starting to look like a little man. Little m is 17 pounds and long. My neck constantly hurts from nursing and from lifting them. My big fellas are both very sweet though. ;-D

We've all been sick here. Big M was sick about four weeks ago. The rest of us got sick a few weeks ago. I took Little m to the doctor twice at the onset of his illness just to avoid another hospital stay. It's viral, so there's nothing to do but make him comfortable. It's very similar to the bug we had in January, but Little m has managed to cough up the mucous and not strain to breath. We have all had hacking coughs and our ears and nose have been congested. I look forward to feeling better and getting some sleep soon.

Big M has been in nursery school almost a month. He goes twice a week and seems to like it. I opted for extended days so he can get more interaction, as he bores easily with me. He really likes the older kids' afternoon room because it has a wooden train set. The playground has sand and the weather has been nice, so he's been outside a lot. He loves playing outside and is very much in a train phase right now.

Big M also likes the child watch at the YMCA. He really likes being around other kids. We started swimming lessons and he really likes the pool. I started leaving his vest off so he wouldn't have a false sense of security and will get used to his own buoyancy. It is vital to keep him busy and I have finally found some successful activities for him.

Got him some wipe off pre-K books and a book with accompanying music. I am hoping he will start sitting down a bit for me, even though he is only two. He tends to learn more via interactive toys and songs, so I am going to try some new tactics. The sit down and learn trick didn't cut it for him and it frustrated me. He's much too smart and busy for this! He really likes to hum and sing, so I will incorporate music into the lesson.

We have only had two house showings. I don't think they have actually had an open house yet! I am disappointed with our realtor. A lot of their actions are automated and they don't seem to know what is going on; also a lack of communication between personnel and a slow follow up. Many of the things they told us never happened. We are getting nervous, as our rental house is booked for May and the rental prices go up five fold or more during the peak season. Also, I miss the cats and dogs so much. Big M was actually looking for the cats in the basement the other day. He gets excited every time we see a dog or cat. I wish we were in a house of our own, weren't living out of boxes, and had our critters with us.

Are you still awake or did I put you to sleep? Here are some photos to make you smile.


"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
-Winston Churchill

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. Keep it up! Good luck with everything and I hope you get your fur babies back very soon!

    ReplyDelete