Sunday, April 3, 2011

On the Road Again...and Under Pressure

What a crazy week it's been here. We found out last Friday that moving will come a month earlier for us. We have to be out of our rental by the end of the month and D is traveling a lot this month. We were originally supposed to stay through May, but our landlady sold her second home and the family needs a place to stay for Memorial Day weekend near the ocean. Yes, this is their summer rental--AKA third house. What a predicament for them, right?!? 

We would like to find a place that allows pets so they can join us from where they are kenneled out of state. Also, we cannot buy until our house sells in KY so this might not be our last move. 

We have spent the last two weekends looking at houses. We would prefer to not move again, so we are looking at lease to buy options--which are few. We are also hoping to buy something that will not require many upgrades or maintenance, as we really do not have the time or money to do so at this time. 

This situation has put a lot of stress and pressure on us. On top of D's work, caring for two kids and household responsibilities, following rental and real estate leads, and negotiating between realtors, this leaves little to no time for us to connect. It is ironic how we tend to push the buttons of those we love the most and hold so near and dear to our hearts when under pressure. Alas, there is at least a month of stress and more major changes coming for us. 

I am trying to focus on the kids and not think too much about everything else. As difficult as it is, I need to try and remain calm for my hubby and the kids. Life isn't going to stop for us, so it's best to make the most of the situation. I love my husband and I love my boys. We are going to get through this and will be better off in the end. There is an end in sight and I look forward to getting there very soon. 




Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do?
Marlin: No I don't wanna know.
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing.
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim.
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head.
Dory: Sorry.
Finding Nemo (2003)

3 comments:

  1. Things will work out... they always do. Maybe not how we thought they would, but they work out. Miss you like crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on Krista life won't always be so rough and rocky and when it settles down again you'll have a new appreciation for "the calm life". So sorry your moving so soon and really hoping you find a place that meets the needs of your whole family (4 legged and all). Thinking of you and those adorbable babies... form an outsider looking in via your photos the important things in life are still intact..or big M's smile wouldn't be so frequent and so bright.. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard when you have to find a new place to stay and move all of your stuff from here to there. It happened to me in Argentina. I lived there for a year and after 6 month I had to get another buenos aires apartment. It took me a while to get one but once I found it, I was super happy becuase it was in downtown!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete