Friday, March 25, 2011

In Search of Vanilla

Tonight is my FIRST outing since Little m arrived. It is a planned outing with ladies, no kids, and no husbands. The theme is karaoke and wine. I am so excited!

I plan to bring cookies. Nursing a baby always leaves me craving sweets, so I might as well bring enough to share. Never go to someone's home empty handed, right?

One of the simplest cookies to make is no bake cookies. There are about eight ingredients and no baking required. In addition, it contains two of my favorite ingredients: chocolate and oatmeal.

The boys were sleeping, so now was the time to make the cookies. I removed the butter from the fridge to soften (an ideal trick for successful baking) and then proceeded to lay out the other ingredients. Then came the vanilla. I hadn't yet found the vanilla among the multitude of boxes in the basement. How hard could it be to find a bottle of vanilla?

I walked to the basement and began sifting through kitchen boxes. After finding other items I had previously needed--Equal, toddler containers, plastic bags, etc.--I realized that I had been through all of the "kitchen, dry goods" boxes. I had probably sifted through about ten boxes and still didn't have any vanilla.

In the meantime, Big M was awake and screaming at the top of his lungs. I'd better rush upstairs so he doesn't wake Little m. Big M was wide awake and hungry. I changed his diaper and prepared him a snack. Shortly thereafter Little m awoke. Time for another diaper change and a feeding. So much for making cookies.

An hour later and I am hoping to run to the store for vanilla. Time to load up the kids and be on my way. If I'm lucky, I will get back in time to make the cookies, pump milk for Little m, and possibly get myself ready for the evening. Here's to wishful thinking. I'll let you know how it all pans out for me. Stay tuned!

In addition to a vanilla quote, I am sharing a sound clip:

"I'll have a vanilla... one of those vanilla [expletive] things. You know, whatever you want, some vanilla [expletive] latte cappa thing. Whatever you got."
-Larry David

Source: http://www.famousquotesabout.com/on/Vanilla#ixzz1Hdk2g094
What Up Vanilla Face Sound Clip and Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment