Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making Lemonade Out Of Lemons

First, a great big thank you and a mwah goes out to all of my friends. You have been so supportive and encouraging as I have shared my frustrations and daily nuances of adjusting to a new place. Your kind words have meant so much--and you know who you are. You have helped to make each day a little brighter...and put a great song in my head:

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
-John Lennon
Click to hear the midi music file
..Gotta love The Beatles!

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”
-Anonymous

Who knew a social network would be so effective for mommies? Maybe it should be marketed for the baby blues. Being in a new state and knowing no one aside from my husband has made for some long and lonely days. Posting status updates and photos and receiving comments has made it all the less lonely. It's funny how I can feel lonely even though I have two little ones with me at all times. I just miss adult interactions and conversations and perhaps I long for some alone time. Fellow mommies out there: you know exactly what I mean!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
-Anais Nin

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-Goethe

Alas, I try to look at the positives. At least D has a job. Our family is together. Although we don't get to spend much time together, I cherish each and every minute that we spend together. When I want to pull out my hair because my toddler is being a typical toddler, I put M in his crib and try to step back from the situation by reminding myself that he is only two. About that time, I look at m and he smiles or coos like only a baby does. It is all rewarding when M says "Mommy" or hugs me and says "I love you" or gives me his deep hardy laugh and a big smile! I'm just taking it one day at a time and continuing to make lemonade out of lemons.

"When life hands you lemons... squeeze them into some sweet iced tea and thank God you were born a Southern Girl!"
-Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. And your doing a very good job of a very tough sitution! Don't give up your boys are living proof that your hard work is paying off! even if it is in sticky kisses! They are happy and curious and from what I can see very secure little boys and that is because they have a great Mom! Kuddus Cuz!

    ReplyDelete